There is a fundamental problem in how most people view beauty. Experts say that we should not obsess about having the "perfect" body or the "perfect" look. They could not be more WRONG. We should instead consider, what is perfect? Who decided what perfect is? And what is the ulterior motive or hidden agenda to the promotion of this so-called "perfection"? The truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as perfect. There never was, and there never will be. What women are killing themselves for is not perfection, but a mere set of arbitrary standards. This standardization was put forth by some forces that have no interest in womens' health or well being.
I don't know about you, but I am not a bathtub or a bed sheet that is required to be a certain size or shape to meet its purpose. Did you ever wonder who creates the ridiculous beauty standards like a certain hair color or body shape? How can it possibly be that only one set of standards constitutes beautiful, so too bad for the rest of us? Who decides what the "perfect nose" looks like? The nose we should all aspire to have, regardless of our many other features? Magazines earn their billions of dollars in advertising revenues from cosmetics companies who make their billions of dollars by selling us products to make our noses look more "perfect", or plastic surgeons who carve our noses into the "perfect" shape and size. Their strategy is to constantly keep women feeling inadequate and striving for some unattainable standards to keep sales up.
Consider this insanity: What if we had beauty standards for FLOWERS! What is a "perfect" flower? What if they said it is cotton candy pink, with 1.25-inch oblong petals, 3mm thick? So should we all run around and dye all the pretty yellow, orange, purple or white flowers in our gardens to match the cotton candy pink ones? And how about we go out there with our scissors and cut down the large petaled flowers or add petal extensions to the small petaled flowers so they meet the standard of 1.25 inches just so they can be considered "perfect"?
Stop this madness and appreciate the beauty you have. Blonde hair and a skinny ass are not beauty. Some beautiful people have blonde hair and a skinny ass, yes. But some butt-ugly people have blonde hair and a skinny ass. Some drop-dead gorgeous people do not have blonde hair or a skinny ass. Sets of standards absolutely cannot determine whether a person is beautiful or not. We don't do this with flowers, so why do it with yourself?
The external signs of beauty, such as clear skin, shiny hair, and strong nails are reflections of overall health. Happiness and confidence play a huge role in beauty. Joyful people tend to have a sparkle in their eyes and a special sensual magnetism that draws others to them regardless of what they look like. Taking care of yourself is the number one most important in manifesting outer beauty. Here is a step-by-step guide to freeing yourself from the clutches of the greedy beauty industry and getting started on enjoying your true beauty.
- Completely and unequivocally shut down ALL commercial media as a reliable source for information about what is beautiful and what is not. Look at media as for entertainment purposes ONLY and assume that there is no truth whatsoever to the messages you will get from it about beauty. LAUGH OUT LOUD every time you see and hear messages of praise of certain looks and attempts to set up a specific female archetype such as, but not limited to things like, blonde hair, underweight bodies, and pointy chins. The same goes for the negative attempts at setting up the female archetype by excluding or rendering unacceptable other physical characteristics that do not fit into their ridiculous manufactured female (Barbie doll) archetype.
- Remember that fat does not mean ugly and thin does not mean pretty.
- Begin looking for beauty more subjectively. Look at each physical feature in perspective with all the other features. For example, you may not think that a wide nose may not look cute just by itself, but on the right smooth dark chocolate face, it will likely be absolutely gorgeous.
- Be kind to yourself and others. Do not judge everyone you see. There is no need to avoid paying attention to looks altogether, but try not to constantly put primary emphasis on looks. Allow yourself to notice non-physical beauty in yourself and others.
- Pick out your three least attractive features. Consider them carefully: Are your unfavorable thoughts about those features because they are really ugly to you? Or is it just because somebody else said it was ugly OR you heard somebody criticize a similar feature on someone else? Have you been told day in, day out, verbally or nonverbally, intentionally hurtful or not, that the feature in question is unacceptable simply because it is not on the list of "desirable" attributes determined by the industry? For example, attributes such as a front tooth gap, thick hair, freckles, or a succulent figure are by no means ugly, but the beauty industry wants you to think so in order to sell you something. Perhaps those least attractive features are not so bad after all. If they are indeed so bad, just get over it. Do not focus on them 24/7. You have many other things that make you beautiful.
- Although it is fine to use cosmetics to enhance your looks, stop giving your money to companies that exclusively portray certain limited body types and characteristics as beautiful and expressly or impressly tell you that you are inadequate because you do not fit the standards that they themselves established. Stop buying products that rely on objectifying or exploiting womens' and girls' bodies to peddle their wares. And, go a step further and write to the companies and explain to them exactly why you are putting them out of business.
- Look at online photos of celebrities without makeup. They will make you feel like a beauty queen! Have you seen Pamela Anderson sans the paint? Whoa.
Tags: cylinder , Classes , Services , laser , solder , river , lessons , hollywood , Hotels , Vacations , Accidents , Celtic , portrait , Sailing , laser , lessons , Bathroom , photography , interior design , dental ,
tennis , scandinavian , Liquidations , massage , Box , Rentals , bathroom , Planning , tools , flood damage , fast cash , structured settlement , web hosting , trailers, repair, interior, lessons, Mississippi,
bridge , copyright , License , lawyer , Gourmet , bad credit , Repair , custody , therapist , obedience , staffing , investigator , Therapy , Beach , dentist , precision , wedding , critical thinking , Plumbing
business , drug addiction treatment centers , bail , relationship issues , read more , unsecured personal loans , Photography , taxi, heavy equipment , pens , resistor , dental , veterinarian , anti
microbial , fishing , boarding , software , antenna , advertising , printing , sports , boarding , fishing , golf balls , flight , bullying , used car , Films , Adventure , Twitter
Follower , shower stalls , nursery plants , ford dealer , homeowners insurance , air jordan , casino , relationship issues , read more , unsecured personal loans , Photography , taxi , heavy equipment ,
pens , resistor , dental , veterinarian , anti
microbial , fishing , boarding , software , antenna , advertising , printing , sports , boarding , fishing , golf balls , flight , bullying , used car , Films , Adventure , news , SEO , las vegas , Pregnancy , feed
hoppers , time , caregiver , boat , cartilage , autos , Vacations , organic , new balance , water purifiers , contemporary , jordan , Rust , fire safety , medical , kitchen , accounting , dentist , therapist , portrait ,
drug addiction treatment centers , air jordan , training , heaters , Liquidations , resurfacing , new balance , windows , Therapy , dentist , hand , new balance , dental , remodeling , personal unsecured loans ,
sailing , nursery , tailored , caregiver , dentist , kitchens , oil painting , Carpet , obedience , internet marketing , unsecured personal loans , Makeup , car park , kids furniture , incorporate , hotels , cables ,
rental , training , executive , string , graphic design , garment , security , healer , detection , custom , broker , real estate , video , drug addiction , Partitions , paint brushes , livestock , furniture , band ,
expert witness , alarm , homes for sale , wedding , loans , horse , fiberglass , networking , credit cards , jewelry , cleaning , extension , lender , criminal , communities , inspection , unsecured personal loans ,
lock , Corporate , flood damage , Electrical , condo , Wine , pawn , agricultural , homes , real estate , electric motors , Marriage counselor , river , mls , waterfront real estate , internet marketing , styling stations , accounting , tool , structured settlement , repair , health insurance expert , python , Investigator , bedroom furniture , structured settlement , mediator